Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Fix

We built a store. Or we almost built a store. I am tired, but proud of the work Cathy and I (with some quality help) have accomplished. At the end of April I had no handyman skills whatsoever. Really. I had never painted a room before or put up a set of shelves.

IMG_0248

To date, I have earned my merit badge in:

1. drywall patching
2. sanding, wood refinishing
3. caulking
4. basic carpentry
5. piss-poor plumbing
6. painting
7. cursing
8. yelling
9. sweating
10. accidental limb painting
11. paint stripping
12. creative design of natural gas piping, metal piping
13. questionably legal worker negotiating
14. old ass window repairing
15. plumber crack showing
16. humming to myself while I work-ing

2 comments:

  1. hell yeah!! can't wait to see the results of your handiwork

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete