Friday, June 26, 2009

I've Just Told Mama Goodbye


I know, everyone is all boo-hoo teary-eyed about Michael Jackson (Richards, I am looking at you). But, I think you are all overlooking the real loss to entertainment-Irv Homer.

My father used to listen to the Philly Radio station WWDB throughout my childhood. I honestly don't recall him ever listening to any music except when my sister brow-beat him into letting her listen to Q102 or Eagle 106. Usually, my pops would crank up the Irv in the old Taurus or maroon station wagon and cruise. "Evil" Irv had a truly perfect radio voice and congeniality to his cantankerous anger that I remember fondly. He predated the absurdity of modern radio punditry and, sadly, his more conversant style made him seem outdated by the time I left for college. To me, his voice will always be talk radio. Evil Irv, you will be missed.

1 comment:

  1. I would like it to be noted that I called mom the minute I hear the news. It is like our childhood died with him...

    ReplyDelete