Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mule Train

Yes/No

Cathy and I will be heading to the great ethnic north of Philadelphia this weekend to celebrate (in order of stated importance, as dictated by my sister): my sister’s birthday, father’s day, my parents anniversary. All of these events happened either on the same day (June 26=Bek’s b-day, my folks forgetting to stay single) or within a week of each other.

Cathy is tearing herself away from working on the store space to join the ladies in my family for a day of spa relaxation. My father will be at work. My sister’s husband and I will probably watch TV, sleep, and make fun of my sister behind her back.

That evening my father will be taking us out for my sister’s birthday to a Brazilian churrascarria. This a thinly veiled gift from my father to my sister that is actually a gift from my father to my father. The man likes meat, what can I say. He also very much enjoys watching others eat foods he loves (read:meat). Bek’s husband writes of this meal, “Very excited. If I eat too much I am going to fall asleep. But if I don’t eat too much I am going to disappoint your parents. I am at a loss.”

It is a very hard decision to decide to become involved in my family. I wouldn’t recommend it. Anyway, we are not currently accepting applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment