Saturday, January 2, 2010

Up

Cathy and I just finished watching "Away We Go." Until she hit play, I was under the assumption that this was the movie about the fat kid and the flying house. It turns out that is another movie altogether.

The movie was very sweet and romantic, but Cathy spent the entirety of the film loudly complaining about the soundtrack, which was chock-full of low-level Nick Drake-like drivel. I was able to get past the maudlin music and focus the gooey-stuff, but Cathy held onto that rage like bun to a hot dog.

3 comments:

  1. My question is, while they were looking for a place, why didn't she ever mention: Oh, by the way, my family home is a little slice of heaven on earth. Why don't we go there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She needed to sit under that orange tree and have a lame moment on that trampoline before she remembered remembered where her house was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know how it is. I always remember new shit when I'm on the trampoline.

    ReplyDelete