Thursday, May 28, 2009

Carry on My Wayward Son

The following is an e-mail I received moments ago from my mother, who just landed for a short vacation with my father in Prague. Hopefully other gems of this sort will land in my inbox. Readers should take note in subsequent e-mails of her themes of: personal misery in what should be an amazing situation, exhaustion, the love she posses for her children, her longing for her bed/dog, ice cream/ice cream products, my fathers eating habits. Enjoy.

THE PLANE WAS LOADED WITH SCREAMING CHILDREN AND BARKING DOGS. IT WAS NOT A BAD FLIGHT. IT IS COLD IN PRAGUE AND I AM GLAD I BROUGHT A FEW LEATHER JACKETS WITH US. SO FAR NO RAIN BUT IT LOOKS THREATENING. WE SAW THE LIST OF OUR FELLOW TRAVELERS...WE NEED 8 MORE TO MAKE A MINYON. WE SPENT THE REST OF THE AFTERNOON WANDERING AROUND PRAGUE AND HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH THE CITY. DAD FOUND THE CHOCOLATE AND GELATTO PLACES SO ALL IS WELL.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE HOW NO ONE COMMENTS ON YOUR BLOG! HOW MANY LEATHER JACKETS DID SHE BRING? I WOULD NEVER THINK TO BRING MULTIPLE LEATHER JACKETS ON A VACATION, EVEN IF I OWNED THEM.

    ReplyDelete